Basic knowledge and understanding of the Theory of Presence and its core themes.
Reflection skills: during the course these core themes will be used to reflect on participant’s own care practice in order to improve the quality of their work.
Professional care givers, such as (psychiatric and other) nurses, social workers, doctors, (care) volunteers, youth care workers, teachers etc.
A short online introduction into Presence (English)
This course offers a short introduction into the Theory of Presence, as developed by prof. Andries Baart. Presence is all about relational caring, and is basically to be understood as a qualified, efficacious way of being for others by being with them (Andries Baart (2001). Een theorie van de presentie. Utrecht: uitgeverij Lemma).
With this online course in English we aim to reach professionals and students all over the world, who are interested in this unique approach to caring.
Specific concepts that will be discussed are:
- The principles of Presence
- Perception and the importance of changing perspective
- Connecting and attuning, the basis of Presence
- Methodological aspects of relational caring
Teaching materials are: powerpoints; video’s; cases from care practices, short exercises.
Participants will receive reading materials (in English) in preparation for the course. After each session they will get assignments to work on at home.
- The course consists of 4 three-hour long online meetings
- Starts in January 2022; dates will be published as soon as possible
- Number of participants: minimum 6, maximum 10
- Cost: € 595,-
For more information, contact us.
For application, click on ‘Hier inschrijven’ on the top right of this page.